The Ugly Duckling Returns to Center for Puppetry Arts | Arts & Culture
Beloved Tale of Self-Discovery Charms Audiences
The Center for Puppetry Arts presents a whimsical production of The Ugly Duckling from August 18 – September 18, 2011. Adapted and directed by Michael Haverty, the show features music and puppetry, performed live by a two-person cast, and is specially created to engage younger audiences.
Based on the beloved classic by Hans Christian Andersen, The Ugly Duckling follows a young bird who simply doesn't fit in with the other ducks in the pond. Helped by some friendly forest sprites, the duckling sets out to explore the wonders of the pond. On his journey, he meets a cast of colorful characters, braves the changing of the seasons, and discovers his true self. With a beautifully created environment full of hidden musical instruments created by Klimchak, Atlanta's percussionist extraordinaire, The Ugly Duckling brings to the stage Andersen's transformative fable about life's often bumpy road.
The Ugly Duckling will be presented in the Downstairs Theater. Show times are as follows:
August 18-September 18: Thursday-Friday (10am, 11:30am); Saturday (11am, 1pm, 3pm); Sunday (1pm, 3pm)
Half-Price Previews: Tuesday, August 16 and Wednesday, August 17 (10am & 11:30am)
For videos and other details about this play please visit us at: http://www.thebluebirdpatch.com/2011/08/ugly-duckling-returns-to-center-for.html
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running