Threat of wildfires soars in Ga. | News
ATLANTA -- Forecasters warn the threat of wildfires is high across much of Georgia, and any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
The National Weather Service issued a red flag warning for high fire danger from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
The warning covers north and central Georgia, where winds are expected to gust up to 25 mph. Forecasters say humidity will be low, helping to create potentially dangerous fire conditions.
In metro Atlanta, brush fires poured smoke on interstates on Tuesday, causing poor visibility. Firefighters in DeKalb County battled blazes along I-20 and I-285.
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds