Graffiti artists plead guilty to vandalism | News
ATLANTA, Ga. -- Two graffiti artists have pleaded guilty to defacing property throughout Atlanta.
PHOTOS | 7 graffiti artists arrested
Christopher Erik Smith and Douglas Grantham Jones, known as Vomet and Beav, respectively, confessed Thursday to violating the city's ordinance on graffiti.
"These pleas send a clear signal to those who choose to deface public and private property that there are consequences for their actions," Atlanta Police Community Services Division commander Renee Propes said in a statement. "Graffiti is a blight on our communities, allowing the perception of an un-policed and un-caring city - which we know is not the case. The Atlanta Police Department is pleased to be part of the effort to clean up our city."
Smith and Jones were ordered to pay fines and restitution fees, and to perform community service.
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running