Cute babies are part of Zoo Atlanta legacy | News
ATLANTA-- Zoo Atlanta started the day a circus came to town... and never left. In 1889, a traveling circus headed for Atlanta stalled when it went into bankruptcy. Crowds were drawn to the collection of stranded animals until businessman George Gress bought the animals and donated them to the City of Atlanta.
Now, 120 years later, they relish in the media circus surrounding their newest arrivals. Lun Lun, the giant panda mother, made history Monday when she gave birth to twins. Pictures of the adorable twosome are trickling out.
They are the latest in Zoo Atlanta's baby collection. Check out the photo gallery of Atlanta's cutest zoo animals. Prepare to say "Awww..."
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds