Atlanta Rollergirls prepare to battle in championship | News
ATLANTA -- Two Atlanta Rollergirls teams will soon battle for the title of toughest derby team in town.
The Sake Tuyas and the Toxic Shocks will take each other on in the championships at the Yaarab Shrine Center Sept. 10. They already beat out the Apocalypstix and the Denim Demons; those teams will compete in a "Grudge Match" before championship play.
PHOTOS: Atlanta Rollergirls: August 2011
The teams are so popular, almost all of their bouts are sell-out performances with standing-room-only crowds. Right now, tickets are still available for the upcoming match. You can purchase them at the Atlanta Rollergirls' website.
The Rollergirls' Dirty South Derby Girls all-star team will compete in the 2011 Women's Flat Track Derby Association South Central Region Playoffs in Kansas City, Missouri Sept. 30 through Oct. 2 for a shot at the national championship.
The Dirty South Derby Girls team is comprised of members and coaches of the four local teams. The all-star squad is currently ranked fourth in the region.
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds