Zoo Atlanta launches Sloth Cam | Urban Wildlife
ATLANTA -- The Panda Cam is one of Zoo Atlanta's most popular features, but it's about to get competition from some of the zoo's slowest residents.
Zoo Atlanta's 24-hour Sloth Cam launched Tuesday morning. According to the zoo, it allows visitors "to peek inside the life of slo-mo star Cocoa the Hoffman's two-toed sloth and his lady friends, Bonnie and Okra, as they work out the daily details of life through Animal Planet L!VE's newest 24/7 cam."
Sloth Cam was started in conjunction with the new Animal Planet eight-part series, "Meet the Sloths," which begins Saturday, Nov. 9 at 11 a.m.
"We've noticed that people really seem to have an affinity for sloths, and we have a great opportunity to show everyone that there are so many reasons to be fascinated by their behavior and adaptations," Dr. Jennifer Mickelberg, who oversees Zoo Atlanta's sloth exhibit, said in a statement. "They're amazing animals, and we expect them to be great additions to the offerings on Animal Planet L!VE."
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds