Zuri the Giraffe moves to Kansas | Urban Wildlife
ATLANTA -- Goodbye, Zuri.
The one-year-old female giraffe left Zoo Atlanta on Oct. 18. She now lives at Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure in Salinas, Kan.
Zuri's move was suggested and supported by the Giraffe Species Survival Plan. She left Atlanta in a 40-foot truck equipped with a 16-foot-long trailer -- big enough to ensure a comfortable journey for a creature that stands around 10 feet tall.
Zoo officials report that Zuri arrived safely in Kansas and is adjusting well to her new home.
Upcoming Events near Grant Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running